We know there are a lot of steps involved with registering teams and participating in tournaments. Below are a list of links and critical dates to help your team through the process.
All teams must register at www.odysseyofthemind.com to participate in regional and state activities. A member may be a school, a recognized community group, or a college or university. The national membership fee is $135 (U.S.).
Once you have registered your team with the national Odyssey of the Mind Organization, you will need to register with Florida Odyssey of the Mind (FLOMA).
Teams may register online with FLOMA at: http://floridaodysseyofthemind.org/FLO/MemberHome.php. The cost is $75.00 per team and $20.00 for Primary teams. All teams must be registered and paid by December 15th to avoid a $20 late fee. If you do not yet have a judge or worker for your team, just put coach name & contact information in order to complete your registration. NOTE: no teams will be added after January 13, 2017.
When entering team/judge/worker contact information on the state site, do not use a School District email address. SDs blocks many email addresses making communication difficult. We must have email addresses that get checked regularly.
- Each team is required to provide one judge and one worker for the regional competition.
- This person agrees to attend judge’s training (February 18, 2017 at Suncoast High School) and to judge at the regional competition (February 25, 2017 at Suncoast High School).
- Judges are committed to one area the whole day of competition and can’t leave to see their own child compete in another problem, so teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators make good prospects for judges. Judges are the heart of a quality tournament.
- For us to ensure a successful experience for the participants, judges must commit to and attend the training, or teams will be penalized. Judging assignments will be ready for pick up on the day of the Mandatory Judges Training. (February 18, 2017 at Suncoast High School)
- We provide for a Spontaneous Workshop for all teams. Space is limited and priority will be given to new teams or teams where most of the team is new to OM. Register for a spontaneous workshop here.