Hi School Contacts and Coaches,
Your weekly regional update and news is here!
Did you . . .
- Complete your school membership?
- register all of your team or teams from your school for our March 10 tournament? (see the last email for instructions)
- register your team to attend the Spontaneous workshop on Jan 27? Here is the link for registration: https://goo.gl/
Tournament preparation ideas for coaches and teams . . .
- Make a team generated timeline. Discuss team member responsibilities for doing what they say they are going to do and when
- Be sure you are looking at the full problem, not just the synopsis
- An opening and a closing. Is there a clear beginning and end to the presentation with no straggling on and off?
- What is creativity? Accepting change and newness, a willingness to play with ideas and possibilities. Creative people work hard and continually to improve ideas and solutions, by making gradual alterations and refinements to their works.
What questions can you ask your team when supporting them?
- What would be another way to do it?
- Why do you think it didn’t work?
- DId you listen to every team member’s suggestion?
Video of the week: What is Spontaneous? Great way to lay a foundation for new teams or new team members. This has lots of information so may be a bit long for younger students you will need to stop and talk about it along the way.
Website of the Week: Spontaneous Problems: https://tnodyssey.org/
Have a super week! And as always don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions:)